What is flowering tea?
Have you ever heard of flowering tea?
... the name explains itself, doesn't it?
Compare to green tea, black tea, and oolong tea, this kind of tea is one of the less common tea.
One other less well-known tea is Yellow tea.
Flowering tea is simply tea that is scented with different kind of flower to give unique fragrance.
* each is named after the flower it was scented with
* each takes the fragrance of the flower such as rose, sunflower, jasmine...
* Balance ratio should be flower (3 parts) and tea (7 parts)
* the popular pair is Jasmine and green tea
This kind of tea is often named after the flower that it was scented with. Some popular names are Rose black tea, Jasmine tea, Dandelion tea, and Lapsang souchong.
Beside flowers, tea is sometimes scented with natural oils, fruits, and spices.
( � Photographer:Viktoriia Kulish | Agency: Dreamstime.com)
The flowers can be added into the tea leaves while they are processed. The tea leaves should contain a bit of moisture so they can absorb the fragrance from the flowers.
In order to get a strong and distinguished flowery fragrance, the leaves are steamed with the flowers 4-5 times. Flowering leaves that are scented once or twice often viewed as lower-quality.
Even though it's called flower tea, the tea's fragrance and taste is still important. Thus, the quantity of tea and flowers during steaming must be controlled. The balanced ratio is about 7 parts of tea and 3 parts of flower.
Have you ever heard the phrase -- like attracts like? This concept applies to the flower tea. Stronger tea like black tea should be scented with strong-aroma flowers like rose. While weak tea like green tea should be paired up with weak-fragrant flowers like Jasmine.
Here are several popular flowering tea:
* Jasmine tea is green tea that is scented with jasmine flower. This tea has a nice and pleasant fragrance without addition of milk or lemon.
* Rose flowering tea is strong black tea that is steamed with rose petals or blossoms. This tea has strong flavor with a touch of rose's fragrance.
* Lychee is black tea covered in lychee fruit. This pair gives a sweet taste.
* Lapsang souchong is black tea that is scented with fresh pine logs. This tea has strong and bold flavor.
Some other flowering teas include :
* Lemon is tea scented with lemon peels
* Mango scented tea has pleasant and fruity flavor
* Orange Blossom has subtle orange fragrance and tastes quite exotic
* Spice tea is tea scented with orange peel and cinnamon
Unlock the secret of popular Jasmine tea?
One of the popular flowering tea is Jasmine tea. The following article paints a more detail picture about this wonderful flowering tea. The article serves for informational purpose only.
Find out some of the benefits of flowering tea
Not only attractive in fragrance and taste, flower tea also has many health benefits.
What is Vanilla Jasmine Tea?
Jasmine tea is the most popular flavored tea in the world. Chinese tea gardeners have been producing this delicacy for at least 700 years. Though jasmine tea is already considered a blend, it is often used as the base for additional blends because of the popularity of the jasmine tea base. Jasmine tea is mild and slightly sweet, making it perfect for combining with other flavors, like vanilla...
Find out how Jasmine tea was made to give such popular and unique fragrance and taste
There is a wide variety of flower tea, but one of the popular kinds is Jasmine scented tea.
A guide to flavored tea brewing?
You probably have heard of flavored tea brewing? This is the combination between different flavors with different tea. Here is the guidline to help you brew that perfect cup of flavored tea.
What's Numi tea?
Some people think it�s a type of tea, others heard that it may come from different plant other than regular tea. Let�s find out what�s the buzz really about...
Return to Homepage